Easter is fast approaching, yaaaaaaay!!! Another holiday for people to ease off the stress of naija hustle… like most people who live in Nigeria, I will be travelling for the easter to spend the tiny holiday with my mum and sibblings. I want to share with you outfit ideas to wear while you travel this Easter whether via road or air…. Even though the year has only just began, the stress is too much to ignore. So if you are reading this and like me, you have plans to travel this easter then I have got stuff I’d like to share. Here are my top 5 travel day style guide
1. First and foremost, think comfort: If you are travelling via road or will be on a very long flight then you must choose comfort over every other thing. I will not be travelling very far, my flight is less than an hour, but I always opt for comfort when I pick out my outfits (you will definitely find me in an oversized tee and pants or a shift dress. Either way, paired with sneakers *smile*).
2. Throw on a layer or not: Depending on where you’re going, you might not need a warm piece i.e a jacket, cardigan or the trendy cape or poncho. But if you must, work your style and go for colours and prints that will work with whatever your choice of outfit is. A long sleeved option can be tied around the waist for free hands, and wrapped around your shoulders and neck as an alternative to a scarf or PILLOW.
3. Free buttoms: Jogging bottoms and trainers have never been anything short of comfort, which is just right as they fit the “comfortable and trendy” travellers bill. Go for baggier and flare-style bottoms. Fabrics like jersey and denim are most suitable.
4. Feet pamper: Sporty shoes eg trainers and sneakers are most ideal for long trips. They are trendy, comfortable and would keep your feet warm if need be. Flats in general work too especially for footwear removal at airport security… that very annoying moment like ” do I look like I can put something in my shoes?” #annoyingMuch
5. Accessorize on necessity: Emphasises on this as a tiny attention to detail can completely transform your overall look. With comfort still in mind, mix and match your outfit with accessories that give you that stylish edge!. You never know who you will meet on that trip.
Must haves : 1) Scarf; versatile as they serves as a fashion statement and also help keep your neck warm if cold. 2) Comfortable, good sound quality headphones. Very important for listening to music or watching movies to pass the time. 3) Very stylish pair of sunglasses. Just because you should slay! 4) A wrist watch. This helps me keep track of time and prevents me from somehow losing my mind.
And thats how to travel in style this easter holiday…
Safe trip ladies!!!